In an effort to raise tax monies in these economically difficult times, the United States federal government has devoted greater resources to identify and fight tax fraud. More importantly, the federal government has enhanced whistleblower rights and is seeking your assistance to report tax fraud. It is estimated that over $200 billion dollars each year is lost every year due to tax evasion and tax fraud. Our Tax Fraud and Qui Tam Attorneys have helped clients report tax fraud and collect significant monetary rewards ranging from 15% to 30% of the fraud. If you know of an individual or a business organization that has violated tax laws, contact our Whistleblower Fraud Attorneys to learn your rights and options during a free confidential consultation. Since the IRS receives almost 2,000 potential leads of fraud per year, it is important for your case to be carefully and skillfully presented by an experienced attorney. Our experienced Whistleblower Fraud attorneys know how to build and prosecute a claim of tax evasion or tax fraud.
Fraud Against Your Employer and Collect a Reward
Some examples of employment-related tax fraud or tax evasion conducted by the IRS may include:
1. Misclassifying employees as independent contractors to avoid paying payroll and other associated employment and income taxes and benefits. This is an
increasingly common violation;
2. Collecting payroll taxes from employees but failing to remit them to the government;
3. Filing false quarterly payroll returns including false Federal Form 941 or NYS-45;
4. Failure to pay overtime pay and earned wages to employees;
5. Filing false income tax returns; and
6. Incorrectly increasing the expenses and showing decreased income figures.
If you believe that your employer or another individual or company is engaging in tax fraud and/or tax evasion, contact our attorneys by telephone (800) 893-9645 for a free confidential telephone consultation. Meet our Lead Whistleblower Attorney.