We are pleased to present you with a guest blog on a very timely topic this week. Our Westchester County and New York Employment Lawyers represent many executives and employees who have been downsized or laid off and, some of whom, are facing significant financial hardship issues. During our Severance Agreement Consultations, some clients have raised concerns about foreclosure proceedings being initiated against them and the potential loss of their home.
Every day thousands of Americans just like you have trouble making their monthly mortgage payment. Although things may seem hopeless, help is available. However, you must take the first step. A simple call to our New York foreclosure defense lawyers can put you back on track. Call us at 800-893-9645. If you ignore what is going on, your home may be foreclosed upon and you may possibly lose the ability to qualify for any type of reasonable credit.
WHAT I CAN DO TO HOLD OFF MY FORECLOSURE?
1. Contact your bank or mortgage company. Explaining your financial condition may help them better understand your situation. They will probably need to know:
• Why are you failing to make payments?
• Is your current financial situation temporary or permanent?
• Information about your income, expenses, and other debts.
You should be very careful when calling your lender. Remember, they may not have your best interest in mind. It would be beneficial to have our experienced attorneys to assist you. We are familiar with their goals and objectives and never deviate from the issues that concern you most.
2. Open all of the mail. We hear from many families that they did not open their mail and in so doing they made their situation worse. Failing to open your mail is not a legal excuse in foreclosure court.
3. Increase your available monies. You should closely scrutinize your spending habits and cut back on any discretionary expenses such as cable television, out cigarettes, and eating out. This will probably not solve your financial situation, but it may help in raising monies to operate and fight your foreclosure.
Remember, the worse thing you can do is ignore your foreclosure action. Give us a call at 800-893-9645. Our lawyers can be found fighting for client in Staten Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Long Island, and the Hudson Valley.
SHOULD I BE AWARE OF ANYTHING ELSE?
In these tough economic times many scam artists are preying on the fear of homeowners and their pending foreclosure action. You should be wary of foreclosure scams.
You may be approached by an organization claiming there are official reputable companies with quick fix solutions to your mortgage problems. They have been known to charge unreasonable fees and/or require that you sign over your deed temporarily to them.
There is an old saying, “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”
If you believe that a fraudulent company has contacted you, you should contact our law firm and see how our ATTORNEYS can help. We can be reached at 800-893-9645.
If you are in need for a mortgage foreclosure defense attorney in the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn or the surrounding areas, give our lawyers a call at 800-893-9645. We have over 25 years of legal experience and have gained a reputation as some of the best lawyers in New York.